- PSA Yearly academic calendar : From March to February.
- 2013 Summer vacation : 7/24 ~ 7/31
Winter vacation : 12/23 ~12/31
Teacher’s prep days for new school year : 2/27~3/3
- PSA since 1996
- PSA Students’ age : 5 ~ 7yr
- Elementary students : 1st ~ 2nd grade
- Speaking only English Kindergarten.
- co-teaching system
- Each class has three teachers (Korean bilingual teacher, Native teacher, Korean assistant teacher)
- 20 students per class
- PSA Curriculum
1) Monthly Theme : Theme based learning, core songs, core vocabulary…
2) Regular Subject (Textbook) : Language Arts, Reading, Writing, Math, Critical thinking
3) Character Education : Character Education, The Greatest People in History, Learn To Share
4) Special Subject : Art, Science, Music, Musical English, PE (Chinese-7yr experienced class)
- Yearly Major Event (Parents are invited)
1) Open Class : in May
2) Parents’ Night : in October
3) PTC (parents & teacher conference)- twice a year (July & February)
3. Working Hours
- 9:00am~4:30pm / Monday through Friday
- Teacher may be asked and is required to accept extended teaching hours to 6:00pm
if the school has 2nd grade of elementary students or for Summer & Winter Intensive courses (August & January)
-Teacher will get over paid for this but One-Night camp or Parents’ Night are not counted as overtime.
4. Job Particulars
- Teachers need to stay with students all day.
- Teachers have PSA lunch with students.
- Teachers also take in charge of taking care of the students in playtime, bathroom time,
lunch time…the whole day.
- Discipline policy
Never physical, painful punishment nor humiliating punishment.
- BA degree
- Education or English major preferred
- Salary will be different based on the teacher’s major, teaching experience, TESOL